How To Buy Our Land in 3 Simple Steps
Step 1: Choose your property
Please visit the land, explore it, and make sure it’s right for you. We strongly encourage you to call the county planning and zoning office with questions concerning zoning and land use. They can also tell you who to call for information concerning utilities, if desired, although most of our properties are considered “off-grid”. Please ask all questions and perform your own due diligence before committing. Everything that we know about the property is listed on the website. While we believe what we have been told is accurate, please verify. You may get different answers and we sometimes get different answers, depending on whom you speak with, and there may be other requirements and conditions that aren’t disclosed unless you ask a very specific question in a very specific manner that would pertain to your specific situation.
We don’t assume any liability on costs and we don’t improve the properties. There are essentially an infinite number of ways to proceed with improvements, so please research what you want to do and get your own price quotes on how you want to proceed. All properties are sold “as is”.
Step 2: Buy the property
We offer two ways to purchase. The price is the same whether you opt to make monthly payments or purchase immediately (0% APR). We do sometimes offer a Cash Discount Price if you want to purchase immediately and pay in full.
We accept credit cards, cashiers checks and bank wires for the down payment. An email address is required.
You may mail in monthly check payments or money orders if you choose. Or we can send you monthly invoices and you can pay electronically from your checking account through checkbook.io, popmoney.com, or other types of online payment processors.
Payments will start approximately 30 days from your purchase date.
You will need to sign the paperwork consisting of a purchase agreement, land contract, and a promissory note. We will send you an invitation from signnow.com to sign the paperwork electronically. Upon completion of the paperwork, you have use of the land for recreational type use or other uses granted by the county.
(Note: You can’t live on the property while you are making payments. Permits generally won’t be granted while the property is still in our name. We generally just ask that you behave like an adult, make your payments, and obey all laws and ordinances. Violations will terminate the agreement.)
We will remove the payment link, but keep the webpage up. You will be able to view the webpage with a password and you will continue to have access to everything that we know about the property.
Purchase Immediately (Buy immediately at a Cash Discount)
We accept credit cards, cashiers check, bank wires, or we can go through an escrow service, such as safefunds.com . Once your payment is received, we will prepare the paperwork required to complete the purchase.
After you make the payment, the website will take you to another page where you will enter how you would like the deed titled. We will prepare the deed and send it to you to review. Upon your approval, we will record it for you electronically in most instances and email you a copy with your document number. (CA doesn’t allow investors to record deeds electronically.)
You may also email us at Sales@PremierLandandTimber.com for payment instructions or call us at (812) 213 – 9455 if you prefer that we process your payment over the phone or have another preference for delivering payment.
If you opt to use safefunds.com, then we will do the following:
- We will invite you via email to sign a Purchase Agreement electronically via signnow.com. It’s a simple 1 page document explaining what we’re doing.
- You will need to go to safefunds.com and sign up for an account if you don’t already have one. You will be assigned a Public ID.
- Email us your Public ID.
- We will set up the transaction in safefunds.com and send you an invitation through your Public ID.
- You will need to accept the invitation and send the funds to safefunds.com. (This is your only expense.)
- We will send you a website link to fill out how you’d like the deed titled. We will prepare the deed and send it to you for your review.
- After your funds have cleared to safefunds.com, we will record the deed for you electronically in most cases. (CA doesn’t allow investors to record the deed electronically.)
- After the deed is recorded in your name (or your entity), we will email you a copy of the deed. Please call the recorder to verify the deed is authentic. You can provide your APN or your document number to the County Recorder and the Recorder will verify the document for you.
- You release the funds to us that are being held by safefunds.com.
Step 3: Closing
Pay Monthly Option
Once your final payment has been received, we will prepare and send you a deed to review. Upon your approval, a deed naming you (or your entity) as the owner will be notarized and sent (usually electronically) to the county for recording. We will email you a copy of the deed. If the deed is recorded electronically, the county clerk does not mail out a paper copy. You may print a paper copy if you want a paper copy. We can frequently get the deed recorded within a day or two of completing the transaction.
Pay Now Option
As noted above, after receiving your funds, we will prepare and send you the deed to review. Upon your approval, a notarized deed will be sent (usually electronically) to the county for recording and we pay the recording fee and transfer tax. We’ll email you a copy of the recorded deed. The county won’t snail mail you an additional paper copy since the deed was recorded electronically.